.Amani

.Amani
Powered by Blogger.
Thursday, July 12, 2012

Dreams of Travel~

One of my local friends, Yanise, is currently visiting Japan. So much envy right now. She managed to suddenly go on a whim, with only a month's preparation. wtf!

She started a little vlog channel here: http://www.youtube.com/user/ycabrera47/

Looking at her videos and her pictures on Facebook, and seeing a bunch of my other blog follows post videos and photos of their travel adventures, I can't help but feel bad about myself ; w;

One day I will travel... there is the mission trip to Guyana at the end of the year, but I want to go to Japan too! As well as Brazil, Europe, India, etc... I'd love to see all sorts of sights before I hit a certain age and begin to settle down. I met so many people from abroad, which is what I love about being a New Yorker, but I've yet to really travel myself.. even within the states, like California or Florida by myself.

It's depressing to think of the job situation though... nowadays companies want so much work experience out of people for entry-level jobs. Even retail. How am I supposed to get experience if no one is willing to take me in??? There's pressure to get some sort of college degree, that no one really values anymore anyways.. sometimes I really wonder, "what's the use?"

Blah, one day I'll get another job. I know I will. I'm just worried about my knee problem and how bad that might get, if it'll cause me even more issues with keeping a job... I have an appointment with the orthopedic doctor near the end of the month right before Otakon, and I'm hoping that he will be able to figure what's wrong with me. If it's something bad, I'd rather get surgery first before I try and score a job... I don't want to be in and out of the hospital like last year.


For now though, I'm looking forward to Baltimore, and Guyana when that trip comes up in 5 months ~ I'm also meeting a Japanese gal named Kayo next week too (who's been on a trip around the world-- New York is the 11th spot on her list! She's been all over Asia and Europe so far.. and she's only like halfway through @ w@ so freaking jelly). So I plan to make the most with this stagnant situation until then.

0 comments:

Follow Me!

Follow on Bloglovin

Twitter~