.Amani

.Amani
Powered by Blogger.
Friday, July 22, 2011

Otakon, anyone?

So before I had came home to the news about my grandmother, I was out in the city going to my job interview. I wore my 'typical' work/interview outfit, which is basically my black Jesus Diamante top + my ruffled pencil skirt. At first I was like "the heck am I thinking? All black in 85+ degree humid weather?" but then I forget the perks of having lolita parasols. LOL SAFE

I left my house EXTREMELY late. It was the worst. My hair wouldn't keep any curl because of the humidity, for a minute I couldn't zip up my skirt because apparently my ass got bigger (Jesus Christ), I didn't get in a dollar-cab until maybe 2:05-2:10. 55 minutes away from my interview. It usually take 1 1/2 hours to get into the city for me. I prayed so hard for God to slow down time, and He answered me LOL. Got there 5 minutes before my interview appointment. That was a miracle.

I met the co-owner of the store, she reminded me a lot of my old art teacher. She seemed very active, and someone you can probably get very close with. Filled out the application and stuff, went into the office with her. The interview was pretty good, I wasn't nervous despite me being tongue tied. The only thing that kind of surprised me was when she asked me why the hours I put down were as they were (11am-closing) and I had to think really quick like 'uh.. D: I didn't know what time your store closed so I just put that there lol'. She said they open at 9:30 and she asked if that was okay, and I was like yup! Then she was looking at me for a minute, like she was trying to read my face LOL. Looks like I gotta do some serious sleep schedule changing! She was also asking me about LWPI, which I'm glad she found that interesting, you never really hear about event planning/design certification.

She explained to me that they were opening a new store in Grand Central, and that's basically why they're hiring. The first two months will be part-time, where it would mainly be training and stuff, and that's a whole day shift, from open to close. Then once the new store opens, there will be a morning shift, and a afternoon shift.

So hopefully I'll get a callback next week! I'll be soglad if I get hired. SOGLAD

I feel extremely lucky already, for the simple fact that I made it to the 25 resumes they narrowed down from 700(?!), and not only that, but while she didn't have time to review resumes beforehand, she -did- happen to browse mine. Which was at the top of the pile in the folder. AND I believe I was the first person to be interviewed.

So, definitely praying on it!


~~~~~~


In other news, I -might- make a last-minute jump to Otakon. My friend asked if I could help sell at her booth for the weekend. At first I was like 'eh, maybe', but the more I think about my friends being there, some of the lolita girls who were REALLY hoping to meet me, the more excited I get! My final decision will pretty much be set when we get an update about Omi's condition, and if she's doing well then I'll go.

I'm pretty pumped at this point though-- even though I won't really be able to see anything or hang out with anyone during con hours except the lolita fashion show (which I applied as a back-up model for). But there's always the drinking after hours I guess LOL


I'm already planning outfits... I'll be wearing lolita the whole weekend, besides when I come/leave and whatever casual get-together there may be. I'm wondering if I can get some dresses ready if I take them to the dry cleaners now! I'm thinking my Marie-themed pinkxwhite outfit, maybe Little Bear's Cafe (though, it's probably gonna be REALLY hot for that x___x I'm still debating) and my Innocent World dress. Wait... I need 4... >w>;; then maybe my lavender outfit too. I think I need to get a whole new suitcase, because I know the one I have is filled with crap and I'm sure it's still building up mildew.. egh... so one of these days I'll probably try to get a cheap suitcase to last the weekend.

IN ANY CASE I won't be jumping the gun going I'MGOING! all over Facebook, then God forbid something happens and I end up flaking. But I'm guessing that it's sort of a 75% chance now, and I'll know by Monday or Tuesday the latest~ So I'm hoping to see some girls there and have a good time ♥ I'll probably won't have enough money to do any mindless shopping, but I'm hoping to get some good eats around Baltimore since it'll be my first time there!

0 comments:

Follow Me!

Follow on Bloglovin

Twitter~