.Amani

.Amani
Powered by Blogger.
Sunday, August 28, 2011

Now that the bitch is gone..

So I'm relieved that Irene is mostly past us now.

Last night I was worrying, praying on it to disappear before it hit New York City. Luckily enough it downgraded from a Category 1 hurricane to a tropical storm.

I wasn't worried about flooding or anything, despite my house having been in Zone C on the flood map, what I was really concerned about wasmy roof that's been damaged for God knows how long. Just two weeks ago part of the ceiling already fell due to water damage from rain, so when I saw how much rain and wind we were gonna get I was worried even more. Like what if this weak ass roof finally just decided to end itself and fly off? And then on top of that, Opi made no preparations whatsoever, no boarding up the windows etc

Fortunately I woke up to mu ceiling still being intact, windows not broke, and when I checked the ceiling hole in the hallway, bits and pieces had ended up falling out more, but not a ridiculous amount like before. The Neighborhood seems okay-- leaves littered around and stuff, little bit of flooding from the rain across the street by the neighbors, but I think it's good now.


Of course the entire MTA system is shut down... so I can't go anywhere today... maybe even tomorrow.. e_e

I'm disappointed that the Afropunk Festival got cancelled, I have no clue when they'll reschedule but I don't know I'll be able to get the day off like I want to to go see Janelle Monae :| Balls


In any case... Thank God. I'm glad we're safe. I hope everyone else is doing well too.

1 comments:

Amani said...

glad you're okay :D thankfully it's over. I stood up all night cause I didn't want the hurricane to catch me by surprise ... haha -__-

Follow Me!

Follow on Bloglovin

Twitter~