.Amani

.Amani
Powered by Blogger.
Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Much needed pampering~

So, apparently last week was the last week for seasonal, and now got let go from Victoria's Secret :< They said they're keeping my application and they'll call back next holiday season if they need me again, but honestly I'm not trying to wait around and wait for that. Not at all.

It was nice working there though, even though I barely made money. I only made like what, less than 300 for the past three months? They barely gave me hours, but that was expected...

Their employee discount was banging though xD 30% off? pffttt yeahhh. I couldn't help myself and bought this and that every so often. wish I bought the Bombshell fragrance though :< Now that I don't have the discount... not really in the mood to spend 65 bucks on the bottle LOL



But now I'm back on the streets, more job hunting. I've considered doing school, but I'm still kind of nervous about going to Opi about it, that and the class doesn't start till like March anyways. The courses I want to take is like... Wedding & Event Planning Certificate course, which is an in-class course, and then there's the Preston Bailey Wedding & Event design certificate course which I believe is online... the thought of an online course is kind of meh, because I know I'll probably be hella lazy with it.

I'm not particularly in the mood to pull that up at the moment... and with Opi I'd have to pull up like, crime evidence and stuff LOL. It was funny when my brother went to him about college, not even knowing what he wanted to do or how much the tuition costs (like an idiot), but I don't want to be snarked at the same way by Opi xD I want to try and find current students and alumni and etc of the LWPI in Brooklyn College so I know it'll be worth my time...


But yeah. I'm going to visit a few places I applied to, see if they need anyone and if I could get a second interview and stuff. I'm hoping one of the places in the mall I worked in need another person, because that was probably the most convenient distance ever O: So hopefully I'll land something, so I don't have to worry about getting my grandparents annoyed about not being able to do anything (wouldn't really be my choice though, now would it?)



Monday I met up with mah girl Ashley now that she's back from Tokyo for a bit~ hung out with her, Mei, Yani and Laura + boyfran in Flushing for a little while, took purikura, eat, etc. (gonna try and put up pics later.) Not sure if I'm meeting up with her (and Eden and Lynn, I think?) but we'll see. I need to get my fill of her though, god knows when the next time I'll see her will be xD

In the meantime~ I just did a bit of a spa treatment to myself :3 Gave my hair a deep conditioning treatment, gave myself a chocolate milk pedicure and a honey-sugar facial~ I barely pamper myself so tonight felt soooo good. I'm so glad my hair's coming out silky and moisturized = u= and my feet smell like chocolate still, and my face all soft and silky~
Meant to do a long soak in the bathtub as well, plus an oatmeal body wrap, but it was getting late and I was getting lazy xD so maybe tomorrow or the day after I'll do that. Most -definitely- doing all that again to myself.

The recipes(?) I used, for my own future reference xD:

Honey-Sugar facial scrub~ from Michelle Phan's channel (I also ended up using this as a foot scrub))
*3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
*2 tbsp honey
*1/2 c granulated sugar

Lip scrub~ again, from Michelle Phan ((I can't stop eating this one >w>;;))
*1 tsp sugar
*2 tbsp honey
*some vaseline

Chocolate Milk foot soak~ add to warm water:
*chocolate
*warm milk
*sugar (to exfoliate the skin)

Oatmeal body wrap I'm gonna do soon:
* 1 c non-instant oatmeal
* 1 c warm milk


Now I should be trying to sleep. instead of like. inhaling chocolates.

1 comments:

♥ Noxin ♥ said...

Ooohh- grats on the good times with friends and all that, and especially on the self-spa. People tend to forget to take a break and relax every so often. o:

And on that note, I use the lip scrub, and I've heard of the face-scrub, but I've never heard of the chocolate milk foot soak. :D I sooo need to try that when I get home from school this weekend. <33

Follow Me!

Follow on Bloglovin

Twitter~