.Amani

.Amani
Powered by Blogger.
Monday, February 20, 2012

Bishop's 40th Pastoral Anniversary Dinner



Two weeks left to hand this event planning stuff in, and I only got 1 assignment down... and 24 left to go (for just one class). After today people will probably never hear of me again until then. e__e I might even try and get help from friends or something hahahaha. It's really getting to that point.
I think after going through so much back in public school... I just have a mental block when it comes to doing assignments. Seriously, I could sit on my bed with only my textbook and notebook in front of me for 3 hours and not get anything done. LOL

Anyways, before I completely disappear for a bit, I just wanted to share this weekend.

Saturday was the 40th pastorial anniversary dinner for the bishop of my church, at Russo's on the Bay. It was a very pretty venue, serving mainly Italian food and whatnot. I actually was only able to get a shot of the desserts, because no one at my table was able to really touch it after all the food we ate... they basically served us a 5-course meal! It was ridiculous! I've never eaten so much food at an event before.


The area where the smorgasbord took place-- there was so much food, and I was only on -one- side of the area... I didn't even get a chance to see the food on the other side lol. The waiting area was also really pretty, nice and dim and romantic with outside light flowing through the glass doors.


As soon as we were let into the dining hall, the youth did a bit of praise-singing.



Diamond and Zoe~

Jona, Crystal and Scott!

While we were waiting for food to be served, me and Avian went back out to take outfit shots and whatnot.

I really need to stop looking at Greek/Roman art. I really do.





There was an area for the professional photos that were being shot and printed on the spot~ I kind of wanted one, but they didn't have the little card cube thing, and me being me, I didn't carry extra cash. ah well. Some of the other youth people took some that came out really nice.


Here is my pastor, as MC for the event, with his wife next to him. I should've thought to take outfit shots before everything started :c

The main courses was so good. First place was a fruit platter, with slices of peach, strawberry, pears, raisins, and other fruits and figs. My God, I couldn't get enough of the figs. After that was ziti with some kind of sauce.. I forget. That was good as well. For the main course, I chose this plate of chicken, shrimp, croquette and I think rice. the chicken and shrimp were covered and cooked with what reminded me of tempura batter, it was sooo good. And for dessert (that we barely touched) was a plate of cake with I think was raspberry filling, vanilla gelato in a chocolate cup, and then tiers of assorted sweets like macaron, cannolis, eclairs, chocolate covered cashews and just so much. So much stuff. I wish I had more room for the sweets, it was such a waste to not eat them ; w;
Never to be touched, ahbloobloo

The music was good, the presentations, and of course seeing Bishop for the first time in a long while. He was extremely weak for the past two months, haven't been to church like that, apparently barely ate or walked without help... seeing him that day gave all of us joy, for him to be doing so much better and well enough to attend the event.

Here was my outfit for the day~

I got the dress from one of the wholesale shops near 34th street, for about 100 dollars. I really wanted a quality dress and a specific pleated design similar to this one that Satomin wore for Sugar/Jewels. I didn't bother getting new shoes, just got an old pair of black t-strap shoes that gave me height without making my feet uncomfortable, and then got a black shawl from H&M.



A very good look I think, I lot of people gave me compliments on everything, from the dress to my makeup. My hair was alright but it sort of died a little since it was supposed to rain and everything that day. At least my makeup was on point xD

Hopefully by my next post or so, I'll be done with my assignments and my courses~ Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Amani said...

Am-berrrrrrr.  How does EVERYTHING you wear look aamazing. ; _ ;  *thejelliest*

That dress is stunning-- and an amazing buy at 100 bucks. Nice shopping. ;]  I really like the shawl, too.   (Oh, and ALWAYS looks at greco-roman art. ALWAYS, that pose and outfit and hair are what come of it. Haha.)

Glad the bishop's looking better. :]  I'm sure the positive energy from the celebration helped 'im feel even better.

BEST OF LUCK WITH YOUR ASSIGNMENTS, BB.
---

Oh yeah, and I tagged you back at my blog~.  [
http://occasionallycute.blogspot.com/2012/02/ootd-tagged-survey-answers.html
]  (No pressure, though-- I usually ignore when I'm tagged. Haha.  I am
awfuulll~~.) 

Amani said...

AHBLOO NO ONE HAS EVER TAGGED ME BEFORE ; A; jk but no really xD I'll take a look at it <3 sankyuu

and yeah... those assignments... e_____e sighh

Follow Me!

Follow on Bloglovin

Twitter~