.Amani

.Amani
Powered by Blogger.

Twitter~

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Guyana.

In the middle of the night, while everyone was talking about "oh~ it's 12/12/12 12:12:12!" I was playing right along with them, until I looked at the calender.

It's exactly two weeks until I leave for Guyana. At that moment I was hit with mixed emotions. I even just shared it with the pastor's wife and she's just like "yeah, I know exactly how you feel. I feel the same way."

Some people are here like "is there really anything to worry about?" or don't really get the deal. It's hard to explain myself to people outside my church because at the end of the day, pretty much everyone I know outside are not spiritual at all. They may be open to different religions and most Christian sects, but when it comes to realizing something that's just purely spiritual and supernatural, it's hard to give some sort of understanding.

I suppose when people think of 'mission trip', they think of just really soft Christians who just 'share Jesus' or just give food or clothing and feed babies 'with the love of God'. You envision those dreaded, long informericals calling you to donate to help the poor children have shoes on their feet and educational books in their hands. But for us, it's much more than that. And having great expectations and tremendous feelings from the Holy Spirit, realizing how close we are to the mission start was a bit unnerving. Will I have enough of the Word remembered to be an effective youth missionary? Will I be able to hold out the rest of this consecration? Or become more feverent with my prayer life like I want to? How can I make myself consistent with everything that I need to do or should be doing?

I guess I shouldn't worry about it too much.. this next week I need to wrap up everything concerning this trip. I still haven't gone to get my passport yet xD; I had called the Passport Agency last week to see whether I should apply for expedited or just go straight to the passport agency.. since it was at the three-week mark the woman suggested that I just go to the passport agency to be safe.. so now I'm waiting until midnight to make an appointment to go to the NY Passport Agency (since apparently I can't make an appointment anytime on or before the 14-day mark).

So tomorrow or Friday I'll be going to get my passport photo out of the way (finally)... pay the remainder of the money I need to pay for local stuff in Guyana (food expenses, etc) and then go to the passport agency... hahahaha x Ax so much stuff I have to do that I should've been gotten done. To be fair, the tea party expenses led me to procrastination for a little bit... plus my general job situation as far as my paycheck and not knowing when they're going to deduct the derp from my paycheck (I pray to God it won't be the one coming on Friday...)


People's Christmas presents are gonna have to wait until after New Year's~ and I know I'm going to miss all the lucky packs ; w; sigh

1 comments:

Amani said...

I pray that you have a blessed and safe trip to Guyana! You're really doing something amazing~ and the people there are really blessed to have your church come and help them~ 

Follow Me :3

Links!~