.Amani

.Amani
Powered by Blogger.

Twitter~

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Motivation

Pentecost was on Sunday so my fast is done, as was my pastor's pastoral anniversary. Omi just got out of the hospital yesterday just in time for her birthday. All is well in my household.

The Pentecost fast proved to be difficult towards the end. The first 5 days I was completely fine, but as the days started winding down, so did my energy. The last two or three days it was so difficult to walk to the kitchen downstairs, let alone the bathroom -next- to my bedroom without getting light-headed. When Omi went to the hospital I was making Opi breakfast and dinner. It was so hard not because of hunger (I still never really had an appetite, even then), but because lifting my hands took so much out of me and it started getting hot in New York out of nowhere... I pretty much almost passed out cooking bacon LOL it was pretty bad.

The fast was very edifying though, and I'm glad I completed it and I can't wait to see the results that come from it. There are still some things I need to do to adapt a more prayerful lifestyle, but I'm confident that I'll get to that point soon.

Physically, I'm doing well again. Days later I'm finally noticing the weight loss LOL
I won't note the specifics because I definitely do not suggest starving yourself for weight-loss reasons, but I'm glad I lost what I did and now that summer is quickly approaching I can try to start eating healthier than before and start exercising more. I've.. had my caving where I basically ate like half a jar of pickles because I was desiring salt so badly and I needed to taste things that would give me a 'zing'. But at least pickles are like, 0 calories and everything (just mainly sodium) lololo. After International Lolita Day this weekend though, I'll be cracking down on getting rid of what I don't want.

This time, along with the workouts that I was doing last year, I'm also following ToneItUp.com which is an excellent fitness site and I really hope I stay with it. The ToneItUp girls have their own Youtube channel where they are forever making new workout routines, their own 'Beach Babe DVD', and a lifetime membership on their site and forums that gives you every routine, move, recipes, etc that they have, and every single update. While I'm not trying to drop any dough right now with Otakon being my next goal, their youtube channel and their daily e-mails and free calendar plans do more than enough. The best part about the dieting is that they tell you to eat mainly greens and carefully eat during the weekdays, but by the weekend you can eat whatever you desire (in moderation, of course). What's better than a diet/fitness plan that'll let me eat what I want? xD

On top of that a friend is going to give me her juicer so I can try the mean-green juice fast at some point, and then I finally have my colonic hydrotherapy appointment in the middle of June. Can't wait to see how that ends up working out for me.


Overall, I'm motivated. I haven't been having the best of luck with jobs at the moment, but I'm looking into internships as well as jobs so I can at least try to make the most of my time this summer! I don't want to waste my time like I did last year. We'll see where this summer leads me!

0 comments:

Follow Me :3

Links!~